How To Debug CSS
Some quick notes and links for the talk I gave at WordCamp Vancouver about Debugging CSS.
Edit: You can now watch a recording of Debugging CSS. Spot the three projector failures!
- Is the HTML valid?
- Is the CSS valid?
- Is the right CSS being applied?
- Is what you typed being applied?
- Is other stuff being applied?
- Is what’s being applied right?
- Does CSS support what you’re doing?
- Does the browser support it?
- Can you isolate the problem?
- Ask for help
- Developer tools
- W3C HTML validator / CSS validator
- Stack Overflow
- codepen.io /jsfiddle.net