(Still) Making Websites Better for Everyone
In my talk I encourage people to try out different assistive technologies themselves:
- Chrome Vox / NVDA (Windows only) / VoiceOver (Mac only)
- Change to a high contrast theme for your operating system or browser
- Take the batteries out of your mouse or keyboard.
- Try using a touch screen or track pad with your nose.
And here are all the resources I mention in my talk:
- Web Accessibility Evaluation Tool (wave)
- The Accessibility of WAI-ARIA
- Don’t Lose Your :focus
- Designing Safer Web Animation For Motion Sensitivity
- Bulletproof Accessible Icon Fonts
- Hiding Content for Accessibility
- Switch Control Overview(a video about switch control made using a switch control)