Writing for Every Reader
I recently spoke at #a11yTOConf, a conference by the organizers of the regular a11yTO meet-up. The organizers put together a great line up of speakers. It was the first #a11yTOConf but I hope it won’t be the last!
Here are my slides for Writing for Every Reader.
Resources I mentioned:
- Hemingway App, the app that helps improve the readability of your content.
- BeeLine Reader, the browser plugin for dyslexics.
Articles that were helpful to me:
- Cognitive Disabilities, an introduction by WebAIM.
- Dyslexia and Typography
- Fonts don’t matter
- How Chunking Helps Content Processing
- Legibility, Readability, and Comprehension: Making Users Read Your Words
- Accessibility posters by the UK Home Office.
More on accessibility:
- Selfish Accessibility by Adrian Roselli got mentioned in a few different talks. It’s well worth watching.